5 Tips To Get More Engagement
You’ve heard the news… blog comments are dead. They certainly aren’t as prevalent as they used to be, that’s for sure. So what is a blogger to do to get more engagement on their posts? I wanted to share some ideas that you might not have thought of.
1. LinkedIn. I know, it’s a business platform, but that doesn’t mean you aren’t writing about information that your followers on LinkedIn will find extremely valuable. Posts about social media, blogging, business, startups, entrepreneurship, managing your day, and organizing… are all informational posts that any business person would be interested in. Now that LinkedIn allows you to post articles, use it to your full advantage.
2. StumbleUpon. Not many people are talking as much about this platform as they used to. It’s still a great place to link up specific blog posts that you want to get more eyes on. The trick with StumbleUpon is that you don’t want to post solely your own blog posts. The platform is geared towards you “stumbling” posts that you think your followers would really find value with. If you post your own URL’s too many times, you’ll get in trouble from the StumbleUpon gods. Post other amazing blogs, but throw your own one in there every now and then.
3. Pay for it! I know, nobody thinks they should have to pay to promote a blog post. But it’s the way of our world these days and it can be very worth it… and not as expensive as you think. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram all have programs that can boost your post. For as little as $1.00 a day, you can get eyes on your link that wouldn’t necessarily come solely from your friends list. It’s like bringing some of the outside world into your own little circle. Try it… you might find it addicting. Obviously, the more money you throw at these platforms, the better they’ll like you. Keep a running track of how much you are actually spending so you don’t get surprised when you get that email invoice.
4. Welcome to Video. Video scares me… something about being so out there in the universe makes me want to crawl under a rock. There is no denying, however, that social media loves video. Try adding a Facebook Live message on your page every now and then. Think about starting a YouTube channel and reviewing products in front of the camera instead of writing it out on your page. Pretty good bet that video isn’t going away anytime soon. It’s just picking up speed.
5. Send a Newsletter. Chances are pretty good that even when you have friends and family who love to read your blog, they are probably missing out on some of your posts. It’s hard to keep up with the day-to-day (or even week-to-week) when we’re all so busy and have so many other shiny things distracting us. Sending a newsletter (every week or so) is a great way to say to your followers… “Hey, I’ve got a new post. Come read me.” Personally, I love reminders to read posts from my blogging friends.
Have any other ideas on ways to get more viewers to your blog? Share with us in the comments.
Article written by contributing writer – Carolyn West Learn more about Carolyn West